Hello magic practitioners of all shapes and sizes! Welcome to my spellbook and thank you so much for checking out the 32nd episode of our cantrip series. Today we’re going to be looking at the holy freight flame or rather a dnd 5e sacred flame spell usable only by the cleric class and through extension anyone else with access to their spell lists and it is found in the player’s handbook so everyone should have access. Now let’s take a quick look at mechanics here before we get too much into the description.
- Damage: 1st:1d8, 5th:2d8, 11th:3d8, 17th:4d8
- Casting Time: 1 Action
- Range: 60ft
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving throw: Dex
- Components: Somatic and Verbal
- School: Evocation
- Damage Type: Radiant
Your damage type will be a die 8 so 1d8 at first level plus an additional at 5th, 11th and 17th level for a grand total of 4d8. The cast time is one action, the range is a impressive 60 feet, the duration is instantaneous, the saving throw is dexterity, the components are somatic and verbal, the school is evocation and the damage type is radiant.
So Very cool there, i think this is our first radiant cantrip of this series. Now let’s take a look at the full description for flavour purposes and so that we’re on the same page.
Overview Of D&D 5E Sacred Flame Spell
A flame-like the radiance descends on a particular creature which you can see with in a range. Basically, the target must succeed on a dexterity saving throw or it should take 1d8 radiant damage. But for this saving throw the target would get no benefit from cover. The d&d 5e sacred flame spell’s damage do increases by 1d8 whenever you reach 5th level (2d8), at the 11th level (3d8) and at the 17th level (4d8).
Read also: daylight 5e spell
So a lot to unpack there, i would like to point out that this would make a great spry and fries spell, the range of 60 feet might limit you but with the familiar or something along those lines and there may be a way around that. Very cool thematically, the fact that it discards cover is pretty cool as well. It gives the impression that no one’s really safe from you. That being said let’s take a look at some quick alternative uses.
I’d like to point out that there are a ton of social uses for this spell, it’s not a spell that inherently comes from your hand or your eyes or anything like that it just descends on them. It’s a very holy attack, a very religious attack, so if you’re a cleric and you’re preaching the good word of your deity and someone disagrees with you.
You can make it seem like your deity is striking against of them in particular. so very cool i’d allow advantage on intimidation….may be persuasion as well depending on circumstances so socially a lot of very cool things for this spell and naturally spry and fra like i mentioned earlier.
Attributes Of Sacred Flame
We have given a table about the attributes of sacred flame, you must check them now.
|Casting Time||1 action|
|Target||A creature that you can see within range|
An Expert Review On Sacred Flame DnD Spell
- The sacred flame dnd spell is a prayer similar, but of course its not identical, to the lance of faith. Basically, it is cast by the clerics, primarily by devoted clerics.
- Actually, when this sacred flame is cast the cleric invokes divine power.
- It also casting a beam of light too from the heavens into the flesh of a creature within the distance of 25 feet.
- Also injuring them to a degree which is largely dependent on how focused and also perspective the clerics casting the prayer is.
- So, by the resulting blast will allow the cleric for granting a boost in the form of courage and health to the one ally within their sight to the degree which is partially dependent on the cleric’s charisma and partially dependent how cleric is experienced.
- Finally, the sacred flame is one of the vital basic sacred prayers known an it can be cast at will too.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is sacred flame a cantrip?
A: The sacred flame 5e spell is an evocation cantrip which is available to clerics.
That being said! If you have any alternative uses or any cool stories or any interesting ways you’ve used this spell. I’d really like to hear about it in the comments and i know for a fact everyone checking this article would as well. That being said! i hope you all have a great day and as always happy casting.