Hello magic practitioners of all shapes and sizes! Welcome to my spellbook and thank you so much for checking out the 27th episode of our cantrip series. Today we’re going to be taking a look at dnd 5e spell prestidigitation this is a staple amongst casting classes usable by the bard, sorcerer, warlock and the wizard and naturally through extension anyone else with access to their spell lists. It is found in the players handbook let’s take a quick look at some of the mechanics here.
- Level: Cantrip
- Casting Time: 1 Action
- Range/Area: 10 ft
- Components: V, S
- Duration: 1 Hour
- School: Transmutation
- Attack/Save: None
- Damage/Effect: Utility
The cast time is one action, the range is 10 feet, the duration is one hour. The components are somatic and verbal meaning you have to at least gesture with one hand and speaking an incantation. The school is transmutation. Let’s take a look at the full description, so we are all on the same page.
Actually, this Prestidigitation 5e spell is a minor magical trick which has novice spellcasters basically use for practice. Within a specific range you actually create one of the following magical effects.
- As per this Prestidigitation dnd 5e you do create an Instantaneous, harmless sensory effect, like a shower of sparks, a puff of wind, faint musical notes, or an odd odor.
- You instantaneously either light or snuff out a candle, a torch, or a small campfire.
- You instantaneously either clean or soil an object which is no larger than 1 cubic foot.
- Basically, you do chill, warm, or else a flavor up to 1 cubic foot of nonliving material for 1 hour.
- You do make a color, a small mark, or else a symbol appear either on an object or else on a surface for 1 hour.
- You create a nonmagical trinket or else an illusory image which can fit in your hand and which lasts until the end of your next turn.
Any how, if you ever cast this dnd spell for multiple times, then you can have up to three of its non-instantaneous effects active at a time, and you can even dismiss such an effect like an action.
You may also have interested in: water walk 5e spell
So basically use your imagination, there’s not a whole lot this thing can’t really do. That being said make damn sure it doesn’t copy the effects of another spell, most DMs really don’t like that and let’s take a look at some quick alternative uses here.
So for starters i would like to point out the dice, you can make dice, you can kind of control them i think that would be more than allowed. You can also use the symbol part of that spell to really blend in with a certain group of churchgoers or religious people or whatever. You could also use it as a way to get them to turn on someone and you can also use it to flavor food. So i mean that’s pretty handy i can imagine a lot of situations where that’s very valuable. Especially when you’re out in the wilderness.
Attributes Of D&D 5E Prestidigitation
|Casting Time||1 action|
|Classes||Bard, Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard|
|Duration||Up to 1 hour|
In any case, if you guys have any other examples or any other cool stories involving this spell i’d really like to hear down beneath and i know everyone checking this article would as well. With that in mind i hope you guys have a great day and as always happy casting.