Hello Players and DM’s ! Today we are going to be taking a look at soldier. This is one of the more og backgrounds throwback to the players handbook also if you’re using the dnd beyond for free this is likely one you’ll have access to as it’s just part of the basic rule set as well. In any case if this is the first background that you’re checking from our website and if haven’t checked out our other updated backgrounds yet and you’d like to then use this full list. In any case let’s dive right in by first going over its description.
Overview Of Soldier 5E
- Being a dnd soldier, the war has been your life as long as you wanna care to remember it for.
- You’d been trained like a youth, there you’ve studied about all types of uses of the weapons and also about the armors, You also learned there about the basic survival techniques, also learnt about how to stay be alive on the battlefield.
- You might have been a member of the local militia those who rose for prominence at the time of a recent war.
- You might’ve also been a part of the standing national army or else the mercenary company.
Whenever you select this dnd 5e backgrounds, you need to work with your DM (Dungeon Master) and then you can determine the following aspects such as
- which military organization you’re one of the parts of ?
- how far through its ranks you progressed?
- what type of experiences you have had while you’re in the military career?
- Was it a standing army, a town guard, or else the village militia?
- It might have been a noble’s or merchant’s private army, or else it might have also been a mercenary company.
- Skill Proficiencies: Athletics, Intimidation
- Tool Proficiencies: One type of gaming set, vehicles (land)
- Languages: None
- Equipment: An insignia of rank, a trophy taken from a fallen enemy (a dagger, broken blade, or piece of a banner), a set of bone dice or deck of cards, a set of common clothes, and a belt pouch containing 10 gp
Basically, the horrors of the war which were combined with the rigid discipline of the military service leave their mark on all of the soldiers, shaping their ideas, creating the strong bonds and frequently leaving them scarred and also the vulnerable to fear, shame and also hatred. You can check the soldier dnd 5e stats which are mentioned below.
|1||I'm always polite and respectful.|
|2||I'm haunted by memories of war. I can't get the images of violence out of my mind.|
|3||I've lost too many friends, and I'm slow to make new ones.|
|4||I'm full of inspiring and cautionary tales from my military experience relevant to almost every combat situation.|
|5||I can stare down a hell hound without flinching.|
|6||I enjoy being strong and like breaking things.|
|7||I have a crude sense of humor.|
|8||I face problems head-on. A simple, direct solution is the best path to success.|
|1||Greater Good: Our lot is to lay down our lives in defense of others. (Good)|
|2||Responsibility: I do what I must and obey just authority. (Lawful)|
|3||Independence: When people follow orders blindly, they embrace a kind of tyranny. (Chaotic)|
|4||Might: In life as in war, the stronger force wins. (Evil)|
|5||Live and Let Live: Ideals aren't worth killing over or going to war for. (Neutral)|
|6||Nation: My city, nation, or people are all that matter. (Any)|
|1||I would still lay down my life for the people I served with.|
|2||Someone saved my life on the battlefield. To this day, I will never leave a friend behind.|
|3||My honor is my life.|
|4||I'll never forget the crushing defeat my company suffered or the enemies who dealt it.|
|5||Those who fight beside me are those worth dying for.|
|6||I fight for those who cannot fight for themselves.|
|1||The monstrous enemy we faced in battle still leaves me quivering with fear.|
|2||I have little respect for anyone who is not a proven warrior.|
|3||I made a terrible mistake in battle cost many lives – and I would do anything to keep that mistake secret.|
|4||My hatred of my enemies is blind and unreasoning.|
|5||I obey the law, even if the law causes misery.|
|6||I'd rather eat my armor than admit when I'm wrong.|
Feature: Military Rank
You had a military rank and it has been since from you started your career as a soldier. Because of this feature almost all of the soldiers loyal to your former military organization recognize your authority and influence and also they defers to you when they’re of the lower rank.
You can able to invoke your rank for exerting the influence over either the other soldiers and also requisition simple equipment or for temporary use of the horses.
For friendly military encampments you can easily get access and also the fortresses wherever your rank has been recognized.
Also read criminal background 5e article
At the time of you’re as a soldier, you had a certain role for playing in your unit or army. Simply roll a d8 or you can easily chose from the below mentioned table options and they you can determine your role easily. So check out the below table now.
|8||Support staff (cook, blacksmith, or the like)|